Pages

Thursday, April 13

Ravening

Past are the hours, the years of our duress,
His arrogance, our awful servitude:
I have him. He is nothing more nor less
Than something simple not yet understood;
I shall not even force him to confess;
Or answer. I will only make him good.


I will put Chaos into fourteen lines
~~Edna St. Vincent Millay
Image hosting by Photobucket

During the courtship period the Black Widow is as tender, loving, and sensuous as could be expected of a female spider. The male is instinctively aware of his danger, so while she is in a passive mood he often ties her legs with web silk to immobilize her and then proceeds with the business at hand.


I have been bound. My hands tied and feet shackled. Love is a gruesome thing.
My love is pernicious. I am greedy and draining. Damaging and addictive. Ravenous.

And this is how you would have me?
Bound for your protection? Perhaps for my own?

You have asked for submission and I have acquiesced. But for how long, I must know? Your arrogance is astounding. Accusatory and demanding. Loving and voracious.
You want one minute, then no more.

And yet you come back. Unable to conquer the aching need.
And you break.
You bend and promise.
But always, underneath, you are predacious and desperate.

Your fear - of losing the one who would devour you whole.
When loss has made you insatiable.