Pages

Friday, February 26

Witty Quotes by Brilliant Women

marilyn_monroe_readingInside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out.
But I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies.
Unknown


I refuse to think of them as chin hairs.
I think of them as stray eyebrows.
Janette Barber


Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
Marilyn Monroe

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.
Lily Tomlin

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
Carrie Snow

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Cora Harvey Armstrong

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
Laurie Kuslansky

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
Erma Bombeck

Old age ain't no place for sissies.
Bette Davis

A man's got to do what a man's got to do.
A woman must do what he can't.
Rhonda Hansome

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.
Jane Sellman

Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
Charlotte Whitton

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
Caryn Leschen

If you can't be a good example--then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
Catherine the Great

When I was young, I was put in a school for retarded kids for two years before they realized I actually had a hearing loss. And they called me slow!
Kathy Buckley

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb
- and I'm also not blonde.
Dolly Parton

If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them.
Sue Grafton

I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.
Roseanne Barr

When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. Elaine Busler

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.
Maryon Pearson

In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man.
If you want anything done, ask a woman.
Margaret Thatcher

I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.
Gloria Steinem

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
Eleanor Roosevelt


just_another_geek_girl


Currently Reading: What Will Happen in Eragon IV by Richard Marcus
Look for the review soon on my blogcritics writer profile page.



 



9 comments:

Debs - debslosingit.com said...

T, these are great! Love them!

Jessie said...

Love this! Thanks for putting it up

Another Suburban Mom said...

Love the quotes, although one of my favorites comes from Cher....

Some women get all excited over nothing, then marry him.

Unknown said...

These are gems! Cher slapping Nick Cage twice in "Moonstruck" and shouting, "Snap out of it!" She said she was chewing the insides of her cheek to prevent herself from laughing! :D)

Anji said...

I love these. I can't help wondering
what Marilyn Monroe would be doing where she alive today.

Jeannie said...

Geek Girl,

HI! It's nice to see you, and thanks for addressing me out there. I copied a quote to end my day with, thanks! :)

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened.
Cora Harvey Armstrong

Attract Women said...

I’m impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You're truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you’ve got here.

Catch a Cheating Spouse said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post. I wanted to thank you for this informative analysis of the subject. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Anonymous said...

Loved the quotes but what is an advertisment for "Hot Women for Older Men" doing on this page - as I cannot for the life of me believe that many men will be on this particular site. The very last thing an old man looking for hot women would want is one with a smart mouth.