Pages

Monday, September 28

The Rain



Tonight I sat with the french doors open and listened to the sound of the rain.
I lit candles around the room and turned on the stereo.

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star was playing softly.
I want to hold the hand inside you
I want to take a breath thats true


I poured a glass of wine and settled down into the couch to listen, pulling my throw blanket up close. The turbulance of the last week has left me feeling drained. And although I can still feel the brush of your lips on my mouth I feel lonely. Disconnected.

I look to you and I see nothing
I look to you to see the truth


There's something comforting in the sound of rain. It takes me to a place of peace. A place where I feel more myself. I've always found comfort in water, the sound of it. Whether it's the crash of angry waves against a rocky shore or the bubbling rush of a hidden spring, I feel it inside me. A soothing re-connection with my metaphysical soul, as if I am merely a simulacrum of a woman, lost without my pelagic spirit.

Fade into you
I think its strange you never knew


I drank my wine and listened to the rain drops beat their own particular rhythm on the flagstones of the patio outside.

Tomorrow I think. Tomorrow we'll be better. We'll let the rain wash away the past and begin again.

    6 comments:

    TG said...

    I like that song, too :-) But Fade Into You + rain = ultimate emo moment. I like this post, it reminds me of my rainy days. Gladly we have sunny days recently and my mood is sunny, too. Hope you feel better soon.

    13messages said...

    There's so much beauty in the sound of rain. Here's wishing you well.

    T - Another Geek Girl said...

    Sorry I haven't been by yet guys. We got flooded. It's been a mess.

    I'll be there soon.

    T

    T - Another Geek Girl said...

    MKL, you calling me Emo?
    We're birds of a feather lately. Heh.

    I'm still laughing about your comment as Kanye. Oh my! That made my day!

    T - Another Geek Girl said...

    13, We usually have a dearth of rain. I'm loving the sound of it. Even as my rose bushes wash down the street.

    TG said...

    The moment you desribed in your post was emo. I didn't call you emo ;)

    Thanks. Sorry that I called Kanye to react on your post, but I also think Beyoncé had one of the best articles of all times :P