Pages

Wednesday, May 16

David Kelley: How to build your creative confidence






Guided Mastery.... Creative Confidence  http://support.ted.com/

It happens from time to time that I lose myself inside myself and I must search for the little bits scattered about to remind me of who I am... To remember the things that inspire me to create.

Poetry, a photo, a note tucked into my journal: These things eventually lead me back to my own unique voice.

"Like Raymond Carver I also have a photograph of my father. I found it last night whilst sorting through boxes looking for Christmas ornaments. It's a photo I had put away intentionally, buried deep under old work files and papers I had written in college. A photo that I had no desire to see again.


This picture was not given by him. My aunt had given it to me when I turned seventeen. "You look so much like your father," she had said, and I remember feeling the creep of discomfort, looking away. I didn't know how to respond. As I recall I mumbled something about my uncle telling me that before. She went on as I sat in awkward silence, her tone collusive; the family was just outside on the patio and this was forbidden conversation." A Photograph of My Father

The Commitment to Write

LOGOS

Do You Recognize These 10 Mental Blocks to Creative Thinking? From Copyblogger





just_another_geek_girl


Check out who I'm talking to now: Interviews From The Edge on Youtube    Interviews From The Edge on my Technorati Writer Profile    Blogcritics A GEEK GIRL Profile   Currently Gearing Up To Cover the 2012 Concert & Music Festival Season   Look for the reviews soon on my National Music History Examiner page and my Salon Blog: Music & Concert GuideHang with Me on Twitter: @a_geek_girl

     Hang with Me on Twitter: @a_geek_girl



Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

The Pop Junkee Daily@PopJunkee on Twitter

No comments: